Houston Baby Boomers are a dynamic part of the approximately 25 percent of their population expected to spend at least some of their retirement years residing with loved ones in a multi-generational household. The following video is designed to help Boomers and their loved ones determine if an intergenerational lifestyle is the right living arrangement for their family.
Seven Questions Every Family Should Consider:
1. Are you prepared for the additional stresses on you, your spouse and your children?
2. Do other members of your family agree to the proposed living arrangement?
3. Do you have a shared-care arrangement with siblings or other members of your family?
4. Have you considered the possible wear and tear that caregiving can have on your own health?
5. Are you prepared for the emotional stresses that long-term caregiving can have on you and your family?
6. Have you estimated the financial costs?
7. Can you continue with your career while juggling additional caregiving responsibilities?
As this video explores, the pros and cons of multi-generational living are varied according to family circumstances. Please take a moment to review the many facets of intergnerational living and discuss the changes with your own family.
Do you have a story to share about living with your grandparents or your grandchildren? Please share your experience with our reader forum.
We hope this was helpful. If you have any questions or if you know of a senior that could benefit from our vast array of home care services in Houston, please call us at 832 379-4700 or email us. We accept most long term care insurance as payment and have a full time staff supervising more than 100 quality-trained home care personnel covering the Houston, Texas area.