What about the call you may have received from your dad’s doctor that Dad is in the office and elevated test results require an immediate hospital admission?
How did you respond to that call? Did you have vital information readily available?
Home Instead Senior CareR has developed a family caregiver tool kit that will allow you to access important information following that emergency call.
n cooperation with Humana Points of CaregivingR, Home Instead Senior Care has developed, Caring for Your Parents: Senior Emergency Kit.SM
This toolkit provides family caregivers with the following information about their senior. Information that can be located in one central file:
- Checklist of important contact names and information
- Medication Tracker
- Allergies and Conditions Worksheet
- A Doctor Visit Worksheet
- A Senior Health Tracker Magnet to place on a loved one’s refrigerator
- A Wallet Card for seniors to carry when they are away from home
Additionally, the file provides seniors and their family caregivers one location to house important documents or copies of information such as:
- Health Care Proxy
- DNR Order
- Advance Directives such as Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney
- Insurance Policies
- Will and Testament
- Copy of Medicare/Medicaid Card
- Anatomical Gift/Organ Donation Card
- Valuables Designation List
For more information about building your toolkit, please visit www.senioremergencykit.com.
If you have a special tool in your toolkit that has helped in your family caregiving role, please share with our readers!
Sourced from: Home Instead Content Library