Be A Santa Video Check out the Be A Santa To A Senior Video as it appears on You Tube!
The Thanksgiving holidays are behind us and it’s time for Houston’s Be A Santa To A Senior! What a wonderful way to share the joy of the holidays with your senior friends! Oftentimes, our seniors may be feeling the isolation of the family-oriented holidays and this is a great way to remind Houston-area seniors that they are remembered during the season of giving.
Gather up your family and friends and go shopping for “Be A Santa to A Senior”! A look at this Top Ten Gift Suggestion List is a great way to remind children that caring for someone else is a great joy of the season.
1. Blankets and lap throws
2. Slippers and non-skid socks
3. Toiletries such as lotions, soaps, shampoos
4. Pajamas and robes
5. Non-perishable pantry supplies such as low-sodium soups and crackers, sugar-free hot drink mixes
6. Kitchen and bath towels
7. Sweat pants, sweaters, or underwear
8. Large print bookes and word puzzles
9. Cards and stamps
10. Gift certificates to grocery stores, discount stores and local pharmacies.
And…the gift of time via companionship!